For appointments, please call 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.30pm) or email
Please have the following information ready when you call us:
- Appointment dates you prefer (this should be at least 5 working days before your interview date).
- Full name and date of birth of all applicants requiring a medical exam.
- Case (LND) number and visa category.
- Police certificate (or a clear copy if original with Embassy).
- Interview date (if already scheduled).
- Contact phone number or email.
You will be charged £95 if you cancel your appointment within 3 working days of the appointment date
- Appointment letter from the United States Embassy.
- A valid Passport.
- 4 identical passport-sized photographs (four for each applicant, including babies).
- Medical questionnaire (form IV18a) completed, (one for each applicant, including all children).
- Police certificate.
- Spectacles or contact lenses if worn.
- Vaccination records, with original certification.
- For children of 7 or under, the ‘Red Book’ health record, if available.
- Print-out of medical records summary from GP.
- Copies of GP/specialist reports, if available, for any significant medical conditions, including all psychiatric. If there is any history of TB or tuberculosis contact, please obtain old records, including investigation and treatment details.
- Records for any treatment of STDs.
- When there may be special educational needs, please provide any recent educational, psychological assessments, school reports etc.
All applicants will have a full medical examination with one of the Embassy’s appointed doctors.
There will be a full review of past health.
The examination consists, at a minimum, of a physical examination of eyes, ears, nose, throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, and skin and includes an evaluation of mental status. The applicant will undress to underwear whilst wearing a gown. Chaperones are available for all applicants.
In addition, applicants aged 15 years and above are required to have a chest X-ray and blood test for syphilis infection as well as a urine sample for Gonorrhoea testing, sample pots will be provided on arrival. If there are any indications of Tuberculosis disease or contact, we are required to consider additional tests which will be offered at NO additional cost.
Your vaccination records will be reviewed to verify whether you meet the United States vaccination requirement, or if it is medically inappropriate for you to receive any of the vaccinations listed in the vaccination chart you received from the Embassy.
If you do not have a vaccination record of any of the required vaccines, we are able to vaccinate you on the day of your medical examination.
Pregnant women may defer their chest X-ray until after childbirth, but the medical cannot be conducted without it.
In most instances, your medical results will be sent to the Embassy FIVE working days after your appointment, in time for your visa interview.
Visa Medicals has implemented the new US Technical Instructions for Tuberculosis Screening and Treatment. This involves more extensive and detailed investigations for applicants with any indication of active or inactive (including previous) TB. These applicants require extra testing. We are instructed to spread this extra cost for TB cases across all applicants.
TB cases will be investigated for no extra charge.
As of June 1st, 2019 the following charges will apply:
|Adults (medical, chest X-ray, HIV and syphilis tests)||£350|
|Child aged (aged 14 and below)||£140|
|Medical examination for Non-Immigrant visas||£405|
|Drug & Alcohol lab test fee (each)||£50|
|Chain of custody drug screen||£115|
|DNA Specimen collection (Child)||£55|
|DNA Specimen collection (Adult)||£105|
|Bacteriological examination of sputum X 3 (for TB)||N/C|
|Diptheria, tetanus and pertussis||£60|
|Tetanus and diphtheria and polio||£40|
|Measles, mumps and rubella||£50|
|Hepatitis A & Hepatitis B combined||£70|
|Haemophilis influenzae type B||£32|
|DTaP + Hib||£60|
|Hepatitis A+B (Child)||£40|
|Hepatitis B (Child)||£40|